Our pre-school is run by a voluntary committee of parents and carers. It is situated in the grounds of Exning Primary School in the village of Exning, Suffolk. The pre-school was established in the local church hall in 1976 and moved to
SteppingStones Pre-School believes that care and education are equally important in the experience which we offer children. A visual timetable is displayed on
- help each child to feel that he/she is a valued member of the pre-school
- ensure the safety of each child
- help children to gain from the social experience of being part of a group
- provide opportunities to enable
chuildrento learn and develop social skills
- provide opportunities for children to critically think for themselves
- provide children with opportunities to learn and help them to value learning.
We organise our sessions so that the children can choose from, and work at, a range of activities and in doing so, build up their ability to select and work through
The children are also helped and encouraged to take part in adult-led small and large group activities which introduce them to learn how to work with others.
Outdoor activities contribute to children's health, their physical development and their knowledge of the world around them. The children have the opportunity - and are encouraged - to take part in outdoor child chosen and adult-led activities, as well as those provided in the indoor playroom/s.
At Stepping Stones we value the choice of preferred learning and recognise that children are all individual; therefore we operate an inside/outside free flow system where children have the freedom to choose for themselves whether they wish to be inside or outside. The learning environment both inside and outside provides excellent opportunities for teaching.